• The animal kingdom is very large and has a variety of animals big and small which live on land and in water.
• Animals play a very important role in our life.
Animals are found in all parts of the world—
– In tropical and polar regions
– In deserts and in water bodies
– On mountains
– In the air
• Some animals live inside plants, and some live in the bodies of other animals.Read More...
• A place where a plant or animal lives is termed as its habitat.
• An animal needs five things to survive in its habitat:
iv. AirRead More...
• How do we stay warm when it’s a cold day?
• Just as we put scarves, hats, and gloves on to stay warm, animals have their own protection.
• What do animals have on their body to protect them?
Different types of body coverings
• Different animals eat different types of food.
• Based on their feeding habits, animals can be classified into:
• Animals that eat only plants are called herbivores.
• Herbivores have teeth adapted to chewing plants.
• Their big molars are designed to help them grind up leaves, seeds and twigs.Read More...
ORGANS FOR BREATHING
• Different types of animals have different organs for breathing.
Figure 10: Human lungs
• An adult frog breathes through its lungs on land and it breathes through its moist skin in water.
• Birds, reptiles, and mammals also breathe through lungs.