• Many changes take place around us on their own.
• In the fields, the crops change from time to time.
• Sometimes, leaves fall from trees, change colour and dry out.
TYPES OF CHANGES
• Changes occur everywhere, every moment around us.
• Everything in the world is subject to change.
• There are six types of changes:
NATURAL AND MAN-MADE CHANGES
• The changes which are brought about by nature or take place on their own are called natural changes.
• Changes of seasons, rainfall, turning of night into day, earthquakes are all natural changes. These changes cannot be controlled by man.
• Changes which are brought about by man are called man-made changes.
• These can be controlled by man. Cooking food, burning fuel, cutting paper, etc. are all changes carried out by human beings.Read More...
SLOW AND FAST CHANGES
• Some changes are very slow.
• They may take hours, days, weeks or months to occur.
• Like: Milk sets into curd in three hours.
• One revolution of earth around the sun takes one year.Read More...
PERIODIC AND NON-PERIODIC CHANGES
• Those changes which repeat themselves after regular intervals of time are called periodic changes.
• Formations of day and night, motion of a swing, movement of a pendulum are all examples of periodic motion.
• Changes which do not repeat themselves regularly are called non-periodic changes.