• Appearance is the most important factor in our daily life style.
• In current society a person’s appearance, dressing and clothing does matter a lot.
• Clothes are important in our life because they guard our body from weather conditions such as heat, cold, and rain.
• They also protect us from insect bites.
• In addition to that, they make us look good.
• There are different types of clothes like leather jacket, jute hat, silk sari, cotton dress, etc.
• The materials used in all these clothes are leather, jute, silk, and cotton, etc.Read More...
HISTORY OF CLOTHING
• In ancient times, people used the bark and big leaves of trees or animal skins and furs to cover themselves.
• After people began to settle in agricultural communities, they learnt to weave twigs and grass into mats and baskets.
• According to archaeologists, the earliest clothing likely consisted of fur, leather, leaves, or grass that were draped, wrapped, or tied around the body.
• Archeologists have identified sewing needles of bone and ivory from about 30,000 BC.
FIBRE AND FABRIC
• Many a time, when we try to thread a needle, the end of the thread is separated into a few thin strands.
• This makes it difficult to pass the thread through the eye of the needle.
• The thin strands of thread that we see, are made up of thinner strands called fibres.
• Fabrics are made up of yarns and yarns are further made up of fibres.
• The fibres present in our food are called dietary fibres.
• They are made up of cellulose.Read More...
• Natural fabrics are made of fibre that either comes from:
(1) An animal (hair, fur, and feathers)Read More...