“Safety is as simple as ABC - Always Be Careful”.
• Safety is the condition of being safe (protected).
• Accidents can happen anytime, anywhere.
• Accidents can cause serious injuries.
• So, we should be careful and follow safety rules to avoid them.
Figure 1: Accidents caused by avoiding safety rules
• Being careless on the road can lead to serious accidents.
• That is why safety on the road is very important.
• There are many signs that we see on the road, that help in reducing the risk of accidents.
• They also help to regulate traffic.
• These signs are called traffic signs or road signs.
Parking car in NO PARKING zone is an offence
• Road signs make use of pictures and symbols.
• We must read and follow the road signs for our safety.
Figure 2: Some road signs
• Pedestrians and cyclists are among the most vulnerable road users.
• In some countries, they constitute half of all road deaths due to accidents.
Some Road Safety Rules:
• Sidewalks of suitable width should be available.
Safety from Fire:
• A fire can be caused due to different reasons like:
Figure 3: Following safety rules while handling fire
• A fire can be put out by the following methods:
Figure 4: Fire extinguisher
• In case a person's clothing catches fire, roll him/ her on the floor to control the flames quickly and pour water on him/her.
• If a fire blanket is handy, it may be used but water is better.