• The world's largest active volcano is Mauna Loa in Hawaii, where famous coffee is grown in the rich volcanic soils.
• Mauna Loa is 13,677 feet above sea level.
• Dormant volcanoes are those that have not erupted in a long time but may erupt in the future.
• Some of the well known examples of dormant volcanoes are:
• Extinct volcanoes are those that have stopped erupting.
• Some islands have been formed by the eruption of undersea volcanoes.
• As recently in 1995, extinct volcano was formed in the Kingdom of Tonga.
• Some of the well known examples of extinct volcanoes are:
Effects of Volcanoes: