• Seeds contain new plants.
• Seeds form in fruit.
• Pulses and cereals that we eat are seeds of plants.
• Pulses: moong, bean, kidney bean, and chickpea
• Cereals: wheat, maize, and riceRead More...
FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
• Fruit provides a covering for seeds.
• Fruit can be fleshy like an apple or hard like a nut.
• Plants also provide us fruits and vegetables.
• Sprouted seeds (or sprouts) of moong bean and chickpea (Bengal gram) are very nutritious.
• Sprouting involves soaking of seeds and draining water and then leaving them till they germinate.Read More...
FOOD FROM ANIMALS
• Like different plant parts, animal products also serve as sources of food.
• Animal products are rich sources of protein.
For example: milk, eggs, meat, poultry, fish, etc. contain balanced level of proteins.
• Proteins can also be obtained from plant and plant products like legumes.
• Animal products are consumed by human beings.Read More...