• Minerals are the elements that are formed in the soil.
• Minerals cannot be created by living things such as plants and animals.
• Plants, animals and humans need minerals in order to stay healthy.
• Plants absorb minerals from the soil, and animals get their minerals from the plants or animals they eat.
• Many of the minerals in the human diet come from plants such as fruits and vegetables or indirectly from animal sources.
• Our body uses minerals to perform many different functions—like building strong bones, transmitting nerve impulses, etc.
• Minerals help in the formation of bones, teeth, and blood cells.
• There are 2 main types of minerals: