• Astronomy is a branch of natural science that deals with the study of celestial objects (such as stars, planets, comets, galaxies).
• The planet we live on, revolves around the sun.
• All the other planets also revolve around the sun.
• These planets and the sun are known as celestial objects.Read More...
• The Solar System is made up of all the planets that orbit our Sun.
• In addition to planets, the Solar System also consists of moons, comets, asteroids, satellites of other planets, dust and gas.
• All planets revolve around the sun in a fixed path called orbit.
How our Solar System Evolved?
• Scientists believe that the Solar System evolved from a giant cloud of dust and gas.
• They believe that this dust and gas began to collapse under the weight of its own gravity.
• At the centre of the spinning giant cloud of dust and gas, a small star began to form.Read More...
• Earth is different from all other planets in the solar system.
• Earth is the only planet on which water can exist in liquid form.
• Water is essential for life.
• The Earth's vast oceans keep temperature stable which is important for life on our planet.
• Water is also responsible for most of the erosion and weathering of the Earth's continents, a process unique in our solar system.
• The Earth's atmosphere constitutes 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, with traces of other gases like argon, carbon dioxide and water.Read More...