- This book contains - Periodic classification of elements.
- Property of elements along the period : Trends in the properties of elements along the period from left to right in the Periodic table.
- Properties like : Valence electrons of the elements, Valency of the elements, Atomic radius of the atoms, Metallic and non-metallic character, Reactivity of the elements
- Property of elements in a group Trend in the properties of elements in a group from top to bottom in the Periodic table.
- Properties like-
• Valence electrons of the elements and their valency.
• Size (volume of) of the atoms.
• Metallic/non-metallic character of the elements.
• Chemical reactivity of the elements.
• Gradation of physical properties of the elements.
- Modern periodic table. Modern periodic law and description of Modern periodic table.Read More...
- Periodic Laws for classifying elements.
- Brief description of attempts made by different chemists to classify elements- (1) Dobereiner’s triads (2) Newland law of octaves (3) Mendeleev’s periodic law and periodic table (4) Mosley periodic law
Periodic classification of elements Worksheet-1
A. Atomic weight B. Atomic number
C. Number of neutrons D. None of these
A. U B. Ra C. Pb D. Hg