(1) Find the CORRECT meaning of the underlined idioms:
It's raining cats and dogs today. We will have to cancel our field trip.
(a) It's sunny. (b) Cats and dogs are playing in the rain.
(c) It's raining heavily. (d) It's very warm.
(2) Choose the correct antonym of the underlined word.
The measurements were not accurate.
(a) Exact (b) Precise (c) Incorrect (d) Correct
(3) Please ______ our invitation to attend the wedding.
(a) excel (b) except (c) excuse (d) accept
(4) What will the digit at the unit’s place if all the prime number from 1 to 20 are multiplied together?
(d) Can’t calculate because there are so many prime numbers between 1 to 20.
(5) We found it difficult to live during the________ months of winter.
(a) harsh (b) rough (c) erratic (d) unreliable
(6) Which of the following does NOT belong to the group?
(a) Delicious (b) Thrilled (c) Delighted (d) Pleased
(7) What kind of energy transfer happens when you listen to a battery powered radio?
(a) Chemical energy from battery to mechanical sound energy
(b) Wave energy to mechanical sound energy
(c) Chemical energy from battery to electrical energy to run radio to mechanical sound energy
(d) Electrical energy to run radio to mechanical sound energy
(8) What will happen to the particle spacing of a matter when it is heated?
(a) Particle spacing will decrease.
(b) Particle spacing will increase.
(c) Particle spacing will remain unchanged.
(d) It may increase or decrease.
(9) Heating an air balloon will make the air inside the balloon __________.
(a) less dense and heavy (b) less dense and cooler
(c) less dense and light (d) more dense and heavy
(10) Atmosphere of Venus constitutes _________.
(a) Mostly of carbon dioxide (b) Mostly of nitrogen
(c) Mostly of oxygen (d) Mostly of methane
(11) How does taste sense work?
(a) Pressure receptors on the tongue send the taste signals from the food to the brain and brain recognizes the taste.
(b) Taste buds on the tongue send the taste signals from the food to the brain and brain recognizes the taste.
(c) Receptors on the palate send the taste signals from the food to the brain and brain recognizes the taste
(d) All of these