"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live"
• Health is the general condition of the mind, body, and spirit.
• Healthy body is usually defined as the body which is free from illness, injury, or pain.
• This means that both the mind and the body must be completely fit for a person to be considered healthy.
• There are some factors essential for maintaining a healthy body.
• Like: eating proper food in right quantity at right time, taking appropriate rest, maintaining hygiene, doing physical and mental exercise, etc.
• Maintaining good eating habits is essential for a healthy mind and body.Read More...
• Food is any substance which is consumed to provide nutritional support to our body.
• We obtain our food from plants and animals.
• Like: we get bread and cereal from wheat, corn or grains.
• We get all dairy and meat items from animals.
• Many plants and plant parts are also consumed as food.
• Seeds of plants are also a good source of food for animals.
Table 1: Different Food Components Obtained From Plants and Animals
• A food group is a collection of foods that share similar nutritional properties.
• We eat a variety of foods.
• The food that we eat contains five main components:
• Our body needs all these components to remain healthy.
• Fats are essential for proper functioning of the body.
• Fat is the major storage form of energy in the body.
• Too much of fat can be unhealthy for our body.
• Proteins are the building blocks of our body.
• They are essential for growth.
• Our body needs proteins for muscle-building and for repairing worn-out tissues.
• We get proteins from plants as well as animals.