FOOD FROM PLANTS
• Green plants prepare their own food.
• For this reason, they are known as 'producers'.
• They use sunlight, air (carbon dioxide), water, and chlorophyll (in their leaves) to make their own food by the process of photosynthesis.
Sunlight + Carbon dioxide + Water + Chlorophyll
Sugar (organic food)
Process of photosynthesis in green plants
• Different plant parts serve as sources of food for us.
• Fruits, vegetables that we eat are obtained from different plant parts.
• Vegetables are important as they are excellent source of vitamins and minerals, if they are consumed in their natural raw state.
• Fruit is a protective food.
• Fruits are digestive.