DISADVANTAGES OF FRICTION
• Heat produced due to friction causes damage to machine parts such as car brakes.
• Friction causes damage to tyres of vehicles.
• Work is said to be done when a force applied on an object causes it to move in the direction of the force.
Work = force × distance
• We can measure work by measuring how much force, or energy, is required to move something, and multiplying that by how far it moved.
• Activities like sleeping, thinking, reading, etc. are not considered “work” in science.
• But, activities like playing sports, riding a horse, etc. are considered “work” in science.Read More...
• The ability to do work is called energy.
• There are many forms of energy.
• The energy which is possessed by an object due to its motion or its stored energy of position is called mechanical energy.
• Mechanical energy can be either kinetic energy (energy of motion) or potential energy (stored energy of position).
For example:Read More...