ORGANS FOR BREATHING
• Different types of animals have different organs for breathing.
Figure 10: Human lungs
• An adult frog breathes through its lungs on land and it breathes through its moist skin in water.
• Birds, reptiles, and mammals also breathe through lungs.
Figure 11: Fish have gills for breathing
• Fishes, tadpoles (baby frog), oysters, prawns and crabs breathe through gills.
Figure 12: Insects breathe through spiracles
• Insects have tiny air holes on their bodies called spiracles to breathe.
4. Body surface:
Figure 13: Amoeba
• Some microscopic animals like amoeba exchange gases through their body surface.