We use used to to talk about habits in the past, for things which we always/usually/often/never did in the past. We don't do these things now.
· When I was a child, I used to like chocolate.
· 1 used to read a lot of books but I don't read much these days.
· Kavya has got short hair now but it used to be very long.
· They used to live in the same street as us, so we often used to see them. But we don't see them very often these days.
· Anu used to have a piano but she sold it a few years ago.
· I used to live in Delhi but now I live in Ahmedabad.