• Vitamins are natural substances found in plants and animal products.
• We have to obtain it from the food components in our diet.
• Vitamins are not produced by human beings.
• Vitamins are needed in small amounts for the normal functioning of our body.
• There are 13 vitamins needed by our body.
Table 2: Different Group of Vitamins Obtained From Various Food Sources
• The foods which are rich in vitamins are:
Carrot is a root vegetable that is good for eyes.
This is because carrots are very good source of vitamin A that is important for eyesight, skin, etc.
Orange is a citrus fruit and is the most commonly grown fruit tree in the world.
It is an evergreen flowering plant.
Oranges are primarily used for production of juices.
Grains with the outer coverings of the kernels are known as whole grains.
They are full of nutrients like fiber, vitamins, minerals, etc.
The flour made from whole grains is nutritious.
They can also be sprouted and consumed.