• We cannot stop the production of garbage but we can surely minimize it by being wise.
• Many types of garbage are produced daily.
• It may be in the form of fruit or vegetable peels, discarded objects, wrapping materials, wasted food as household garbage, or discarded chemicals and fertilizers washed into rivers, domestic sewage, etc.Read More...
SEGREGATION OF WASTES
• Degradation-The process by which substances are broken down by tiny organisms called decomposers.
• Biodegradable wastes are those that can be degraded (undergo degradation) by the action of tiny organisms (called decomposers) found in the soil.Read More...
MANAGEMENT OF BIODEGRADABLE WASTES
• Some of the ways to manage biodegradable wastes are as follows:
1. CompostingRead More...