• Eating a balanced diet means providing nutrients to our body by consuming a wide variety of foods and drinks from all the food groups.
• A diet that contains adequate amount of different components of food required for the healthy functioning of our body is called a balanced diet.
A balanced diet chart containing components of food in adequate amount
• Our diet must include adequate amount of different components of food for our body to remain healthy.
• Our goal is to take in all the nutrients that we need to maintain our health.
• Healthy eating begins with learning how to ‘eat smart’.
• Learning the habits of healthy eating can boost our energy and sharpen our memory.
Points to Remember:
• We should eat slowly.
• We should enjoy our meals.
• Lack of minerals in our body can cause many diseases.
Table 3: Diseases caused due to the deficiency of minerals