SOME INTERESTING FACTS
• All rocks are made of two or more minerals, but minerals are not made of rocks.
• There are about 3,000 known minerals on the Earth.
• Quartz is one of the most common minerals found on Earth, and basalt is the most common rock.
• Diamond is the hardest natural substance on Earth, and a diamond is used to cut another diamond.
• Marble forms from metamorphosed rock, most usually limestone.
• Gold is extremely soft and one of the most valuable minerals.
• Feldspar is a term used for a very large group of minerals which are extremely abundant on Earth.